What Cameron Has Been Doing During Quarantine
I always find myself looking for the positive in everything. There was a pause in the world because of the sudden global pandemic and I found myself trying my best to keep busy. The global pandemic brought sadness, uncertainty and confusion to a lot of people and it was important for me to be able to get myself out of the rut. I am usually a traveler and adventurer and of course it was not possible to do all of the things I had planned for my summer, but here are 8 things I have been doing during quarantine.
1. Taking long walks. It's an easy and fun task, but I just never found myself walking around aimlessly for hours on a normal day. During quarantine it gave me time to be in my own thoughts while walking around and enjoying the beauty that Honolulu has to offer.
2. Surfing. In Hawaii, during the mandated lockdown, surfing is still allowed. Of course we maintained our 6 feet and practiced social distancing but it was amazing to go out in the water and surf!
3. Wine & Movies. It doesn't hurt to have a small party with yourself and grab a glass of wine while watching movies! I watched so many amazing movies on Netflix and have been obsessed with watching 90's films!
4. Connect with family and friends. I have been Facetiming and calling many of my friends and family to ask what they are up to. It's nice to check in and also make plans for the future to get excited about something!
5. Cook & Eat. I learned so many new recipes and even found some new local takeout locations to gran food and go to the beach to have a date with myself.
6. Practice gratitude. I have been practicing gratitude and feeling positive and thankful for everything I have. It's been making me very excited for the future and to be blessed with the life that I have! :)
7. Online shop. There are so many online and local shops that I did not even know about. It's been amazing to support local and small online businesses and getting a present at my front door once in a while.
8. Start a garden. I started a small garden outside my house where I planted some veggies to put in my salads. It's so satisfying to see my little plants grow!
Remember to take time for yourself and try your best to think positive. I've been trying to keep myself busy even with the littlest things and have been having quick dance parties all the time!
There is an endless amount of hobbies and fun activities to do to get your mind off of the current situation. I find myself constantly dreaming of all my future adventures and travels and I am so excited! The world is healing and I am glad to take this time to reflect and heal with the earth. Can't wait until things get back to normal so you can come see us at the shop and we can adventure together!